Payap University Announcement
A recent outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) has necessitated updated guidelines for the general public. In accordance with section43 (1) and (3) of the PRIVATE INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION ACT, B.E. 2546 (2003) Amendment (Vol.3) B.E.2562 (2019), the following are updated guidelines applicable to all university personnel during the current COVID-19 outbreak:
1. This updated guideline supersedes all previous announcements. Disregard all orders, announcements, and/or any other guidelines which may be in conflict or inconsistent with this announcement.
2. All students and/or other personnel traveling to or from the strictest control areas in 5 provinces which includes Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Nakhon Pathom, and Bangkok, along with the highest controlled areas, controlled areas, or high surveillance areas which are deemed high risk for COVD-19 transmission, must comply with the Chiang Mai Communicable Disease Committee Order No. 32/2564 regarding travel control measures for persons traveling to the Chiang Mai area, ordered on April 8, 2021.
3. Personnel performance guidelines
3.1 Personnel are prohibited from entering the university grounds during the Songkran Festival holiday period between 10-18 April 2021. Exceptions may be granted for agencies required to work at the university. These exception(s) must be requested in advance by the Head of the agency and approved by the Director of the Office of Premises and Services Management, Ms. Thawatchai Wongwatcharaampon (Tel. 06-2595-2666).
3.2 Personnel are expected to return to normal duties on the 19th of April 2021. Strict observance of the COVID-19 epidemic protocol and preventive measures will still be active.
3.3 If personnel must quarantine themselves (home quarantine), follow the Chiang Mai Communicable Disease Committee's order. The university will grant personnel the right to annual vacation leave and/or remaining paid leave. If none of the above remain, sick leave can be applied according to Payap University Regulations on Personnel Management B.E. 2551 (2008) with the exception of personnel with a fixed-term employment contract who receive daily remuneration calculated daily.
4. Guidelines for teaching and learning management
4.1 The teaching and learning of Thai courses during the Summer semester of the academic year 2020-21 will be arranged in an online format for all courses during the period April 19, 2021 - May 14, 2021.
4.2 Teaching management for international programs for the 2nd Semester of 2020, including final examinations for all subjects, will be organized in an online format for all courses.
4.3 Instructional management of all short-term courses will be organized in an online format for all courses.
4.4 Internship and co-operative education programs of all courses will depend on the instructors’ discretion. Instructors will report to the Dean and/or the Assistant to the President for Academic Affairs their intentions.
5. Payap University requests cooperation from students and personnel to avoid going to high-risk areas, and if they suspect that they are at risk, strictly follow public health guidelines.
6. If there are mitigating circumstances which prevents compliance with this announcement, the Interim President will be notified and determine the final outcome.
If the current COVD-19 epidemic trend diminishes and the overall situation improves, the university will inform all personnel of updated performance guidelines.
This announcement is effective from April 10, 2021 onwards.
Announced on April 9, 2021
Guidelines for personnel performance and instruction during the current Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) outbreak